London’s Contemporary Art Scene: from the Blue-Chip to Emerging, from paint to performance!
Join Dr. Marie-Anne Mancio as we swish under her wing into those sometimes intimidating galleries to see what’s hip and happening in today’s art world.
This three-session series will be held in London galleries on Wednesday mornings from 10:30-12:00.
- Session 1 - Wednesday 02 October: Established blue-chip galleries (Mayfair)
When Frieze London comes to town, so do global VIP collectors - Mayfair’s blue-chip galleries respond by exhibiting the art world’s 'best in show'.
Join Marie-Anne Mancio on a gallery tour through Mayfair to see the work of news-making celebrity artists at London’s elite commercial art spaces.
- Session 2 - Wednesday 09 October: Central London galleries (Fitzrovia, Soho)
As rents in Mayfair continue to rise, galleries have spread out to surrounding neighbourhoods.
Join Marie-Anne Mancio as she explores global artists and name brand dealers in Central London.
- Session 3 - Wednesday 16 October: Emerging galleries (East End or South London)
The bling galleries in Mayfair are only one slice of the thriving London gallery scene.
Join Marie-Anne Mancio on a gallery crawl of lesser visited artistic hubs of London to see what the up-and-comers are creating.
- We are unable to guarantee stools in the galleries that we visit so you might have to stand and to walk between objects.
- No prior knowledge of contemporary art is required.
Meeting points for each session 1 will be confirmed once we know what’s showing in London this autumn...
Morning gallery-based course. Only 16 spaces are being offered.
Find out more about Marie-Anne Mancio